Thursday, November 5, 2009

This is love

You see colors you never knew existed.

You feel like you're walking on air.

You can see the good in the world.

You live for laughter.

And most importantly you always have that goofy smile smeared all over your endlessly happy face.

This is the picture of being in love.

I've been in love like crazy since I realized that I'm living off of a miracle.

This little thing called love is really quite large after all, it's what makes the world go round

When I finally looked up and saw that all of life is miraculous, saw the point of life; to love and be in love.

It's a beautiful thing-being in love with love itself.

It hit me at church in a big way last Sunday, the sermon was over and we were singing praises to God, when I thought, what would this be like in Heaven-like singing right to Him, seeing Him there. When I realized that He is there, He is here, right next to us, inside us.

I know we're taught this as a basic principle as Christians, but sometime, really think about it-He is here with you right now.

Just take it in.

Then all became clear to me-if He's really there, right there, you're going to be so in awe of His love for you that you'll simply have no other choice that to live for Him!! All the confusion of what exact rules you have to obey, which parts of the Bible to listen to, what choices to make in your life...it would all be clear with Him there, wouldn't it?

There could be no room for sin or confusion, because He is the truth and light.

It's opened my eyes, and as cheesy as it sounds, it's opened up a whole new world for me.

I stood there in church singing as this huge silly smile came over my face, you know the one of being perfectly happily in love?

And I felt God smile down at me too.

This is joy. This is love.

It's right there reaching out to you all you have to do is open your eyes.

No comments: