Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Are we there yet?


It's been 6,751 days.

So it's safe to say that I've been waiting for around 6,000 days.

Do you know just how long that is? The past few hundred have been the worst,

the most intense.

At times I thought I found you.

And I learned just how very very wrong I was.

Well I don't know, I may have seen you before, you might be one of my friends, but I haven't found you yet.

And speaking of the finding, can you be the one who does that please?

Come on, it's your job, I'm just gonna sit pretty and wait till you come along, so if you want me, come and find me.

I keep thinking I'm ready, I keep feeling impatient.

I've come to realize that I'm not ready.

I will never be fully ready, but are we ever entirely ready for something?

And if we are going to be ready for something, what should it be?

Well-what's the most important thing in life...

I'm sorry to say-No, it's not you ;) haha

It's the unthinkable.

What happens when we kick it-where you going?

Cause you don't know that day, you don't know how, you don't know why.

(Excuse me to all of you who have been told the day or have magical powers-didn't mean to offend)

Knowing this, is pretty darn important. And if you know what I do about where I'm going, you'll be pretty amazed.

So amazed that you'll see that all else (even you!) doesn't really matter. In fact, I think I could go my whole life without you, just having that hope of someday being made truly whole, being with the one who loves me more than I could ever imagine.

Knowing that I will see Him face to face, talk with Him, see the look of love in His eyes.

It's beyond words.

That's what I'm waiting for

That's where my hope lies.

I mean, you would be cool, but I can wait...what's a few more hundred days, eh?

No comments: